Monday, July 02, 2007

Voiceover STAR!

I had my second voiceover coaching today. It went really well. She gave me a lot of tasks, techniques, etc to work on. I expel too much air when I'm reading the copy. I'm using breath techniques for singing or speaking on stage and I don't need to. Just have to retrain myself on a few little things that I've learned theatrically. But it's really fun. She was very impressed with my work, which made me really happy.

I'm feeling antsy about what's going to happen when vacation is over and I have to really figure out money stuff. I am someone who always worries about money, whether I'm making a ridiculously large salary or ushering for $18/show and sleeping on Gwenner's floor. I am just always consumed with it. Thanks to Darladiva I did get all the unemployment paperwork submitted. I just don't know how I can make my budget work with that very little amount of money. I don't really want to take another full time position, unless it's at the same place as Darladiva. I want to get temp work and do some auditions in the fall, but the uncertainty of that terrifies me. Anyhoo. Looking forward to the 4th at Gwenner's temporary mansion. HOLLA.

5 comments:

GMEyster said...

I am so excited that you are doing this v/o schtuff. And jealous that you're actually DOING it.

I cannot seem to motivate myself these days.

It will all work out. It WILL.

And...I will always have a floor for you.

JasonBSchmidt said...

G- And I'm weeping. I think it's time for bed. Oy.

Macoosh said...

awww. i feel the love. i actually feel it. :)

i'm so proud of you babe, this voiceover thing is right up your alley and i think it'll help rake in that money you so deserve. good things are on their way; i can feel it.

meanwhile, have a kick ass 4th and remember me during it. i'll be working.

GMEyster said...

Oh....weeping? I am going to call you a little later (I don't call anyone who's unemployed at this ungodly hour of the morning). I is had be love you, and totally understand your worries. Your friends will not let you wither.

Darla said...

weeping? withering? no no no.

Aside from the fact that Viggo would give her left paw to sleep on you at night, I will always ALWAYS be a bank, or a hotel- for you. A diva's gotta do what a diva's gotta do.

WOOOT voiceover! We are twinSSss!