Saturday, February 09, 2008

Theatre Queen

Last night Gwen and I went to see Spamalot featuring Clay Aiken. Wellllllllllllllllllllllll guess what? He's good. He has the timing down, his accent is close enough and funny, and there is just SOMETHING about him that draws your eye to him on stage. He has a real charisma, real star quality. Bravo Clay. Now marry me. Thanks.

Then there were drinks with Sir Willio. He is in the process of moving. YIKES. Anyone know of an affordable studio or one bedroom in Chelsea, Midtown, North Bergen?

Tonight Darladiva and I are seeing the divine Christine Ebersole in Applause! I love listening to the original cast album and can't wait to hear the songs actually sung (Lauren Bacall starred in the original and while I think she was a fantastic actress, her voice is just not that of a singer). I particularly love the song Think How It's Gonna Be as sung by Len Cariou. YUM-0. Should be a good night.

Off to the gym and then grocery shopping. w00t.

3 comments:

Darla said...

"hurry baaaaaack, hurry back...." NEED IT.

It was funly!
See you soon Sunday friend.

GMEyster said...

Aiken was great. So was that guy who looked like Christopher Sieber. *duh*

How was Applause? I feel the same way about Bacall. It annoys me when people say that a song can be sung by a non-singer. Does that ever apply to other jobs?

"Oh, I am sorry sir, I thought football could be played by a soccer player...you know, it's all sports and whatnot....wait, you mean I have to have someone that's trained as a football player? Someone that's got the chops and can handle the intricate nature of the work?" Hmmmmmm.

Same for musicals, right?

Knight said...

"something about him that draws your eye to him"

Yeah, his giant misshapen head. I bet he was funny though.
I love Monty Python. I would totally marry John Cleese. I think I'm too old for him though.