- Ashley Brown was simply wonderful as Mary Poppins.
- Gavin Lee was AMAZING. A true song and dance man. Jealous.
- Wonderful music, including new songs
- Dancing, dancing, dancing. Made me want to sign up for a dance class tomorrow
- New characters and scenes that must be based on the book (which I haven't read)
- There is a funny butler role that I want to play in the national tour. Gotta sign up for that class asap!
- Beautiful, wonderful, perfect set
- The Banks children were far less annoying than their exact counterparts in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
- My seat was horribly uncomfortable and not suitable for anyone over 6ft. It was a few miles away from the stage, but I had the opera glasses so I could occasionally check in to see what their faces were doing.
- There were 5 kagillion children.
- The first act was too long; a few numbers should be snipped.
- Gwen's role Mrs. Brill(which I'm pretty sure you (Gwen) read for a few times) was played by an actual British woman, so maybe that's why they chose her? She did that really high pitched voice immediately into the low pitched voice, lilty thing. Does that make sense? She was actually great and at one point received exit applause (love that) but I hate her because I love Gwen. Stupid Brit. Ps, the funny butler is in every scene with your character, so let's do the national tour together!!
- Porno Lipped Marie's guy is in the show as the gayest statue ever! Ugh.
I paid $40 for an aisle seat in the balcony. It was worth it. Yes, I was uncomfortable, but I forgot about that. There were a few other wonderfully amazing terrific things that happened, but I don't want to spoil anything. Go see it. Yay!
Next week is High Fidelity which I'm nervous I might hate and then the following week is The Apple Tree with Kristen Chenoweth. THEN on Dec 1st is my show...wow. Gotta get back to work at work so I can work on the show!