Sunday, December 03, 2006

Newdle post

Alas alack I have gotten some requests to update this muthafuckah and so here we go, yo. The show was a smashing success. We had some Brits and Lezbos in who didn't know any of us and I had a great time chatting with them. It gives you perspective which seems to be Jason's mantra of the year 27. It's all about perspective. The Brits seemed to think that this was the begining of a new comedy show that would be running at the Duplex. I wish. The lesbians thought it was the funniest thing they'd EVER seen and wanted to bring back their parents. What? I mean they were probably 35ish which means their parents are in their 60's. Hmm. My grandmother (no one tell her I said this) just turned 70. Now 70 is the new 60 and I know she would love a Parodivas show. Anyhoo. "When is the next one?" seemed to be the comment of the night. I don't know. It dawned on me today that Darlene and I should host a Parodivas Christmas sing a long open mic thing. Charge a nominal cover to pay for the room and then donate the rest to charity. Whachu think? The BF has agreed to play since he loves Christmas music, etc. I wouldn't normally want to work with him because mixing business with pleasure isn't wise, but since it's music he already knows and he wouldn't want to step in as a music director, I think it might work. I was thinking the performance space at New Dance Group might be a nice place for this...I think Gwen should do Have yourself a merry little Christmas and then I do not remember Christmas. Darlene and I would act as hosts and do some parodies and then we could all do some big group numbers with lyrics printed out for everyone, blah blah. Just a thought while we get to work on Ono or Hollywood or whatever.

Work is a nightmare. It's just really bad right now. I got a talking to from the co-owner of the company about my "performance" on Friday and it really made it a challenge to get focused and put on a good show. I'm a perfectionist. I don't like doing things I'm not good at. I know this. It's why I quit baseball. And soccer. And football. And tennis. And karate. And gymnastics. I loved basketball and was quite good at that, I just grew out of that and into choir. I'm glad. I digress. Yes, I've made mistakes in my job. Who hasn't? I feel that I am expected to job-share with my boss as opposed to being her assistant which is my title. Then, I am expected to provide the same quality of work that she does, even though she has 6 years of experience versus my 6 months. I mean, I am a smart and capable person. I am. This job is challenging and difficult and I dare them to find someone who can do it better. Whatever. I've basically been asked to kick it up a notch. The trouble and the reason I am worried and paranoid is that an hour after the talk, the one person at my office that I am "friends" with (the only person I invited to the show) came up to me to say goodbye...forever. She was fired. She had no idea. My company is clearly cleaning house before bonus time and I've been warned. Corporate America. I talked to my mom about it and I feel better. (in her charming southern ass way) "Honey, you can kick it up a notch. You are a fantastic actor, and I know you can do it." Alright mom. I'll try this out. I never thought I'd be hoping for a children's theatre tour or for the freedom that temping offers. I need to get in shape. I need to take some dance classes. I need to get my debt paid off. Because: While having sold my soul to corporate america to get my finances in order is okay. IT IS NOT PERMANENT!

Perspective...and of course I WILL ALWAYS HAVE:DOODLE DOODLE DOODLE DOODLE DOODLE DOODLE DOODLE DOODLE. FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCKS! I WILL CUT YOU...WITH WIT.

5 comments:

Darla said...

:(

i almost moved to miami. we must talk.

we also need a brainstorming session to pick the next project. i'm sorta feelin hollywood, but i know inside somewhere it's time for ono.

please don't act for children, acting for drunk people is more your speed.


remember, everything always gets worse before it get's better.

GMEyster said...

In my circle of friends, it seems like everyone is either getting job offers in other states or worried about being fired from jobs.

Jason, you are one of the most capable people I know of regurgitating up horseshit for corportate idiots...and you will be FINE.

Without even needing to cut someone. But if you decide to, and want help, you know my number.

*hug*

Knight said...

You know you're good at what you do. Don't let them fuck with your head. Just remember that you don't really need them for anything. However, they might be useful as stabbing posts.

By the way, I can't get over how useful the word perspective is. You are brilliant!

Unknown said...

K you already know that this is all bullshit. I think the key to this all is: stop caring. Remember all the other corporate america jobs you've had where you didn't have nearly as much of this fucking drama? Because you didn't care. This is absolutely NOT what you are going to be doing with you life. You know that, I know that, we all know that. Your heart and soul are in the theatre, leave them there. You are excellent at your job and you know it. They are looking for something to nitpick. It is their fucking problem. If you are doing your and their job and they fire you, fuck it. I too challenge them to find someone better or even as good as you. You are right, even perfectionists make mistakes. That's life. Fuck them all.

DeepRoot said...

You won't get fired; your brilliant. And if you do, you'll live on my couch for a while. I actually have a little bit of extra room now so that I can have a couch and offer my good friends places to stay when they are worried about getting fired.
It will be brilliant. Wait 'til they see your next "performance." You'll see; you'll walk away with a big, fat bonus. One of my students got me a $10 gift certificat to Dogwood Deli. That's at least two smoothies: bonus enough for me.